Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A day in the life of a Tuggle.........

A friend from my past that I haven't seen in years was interested in what my life was like. She wanted to know a day in my life is like. I thought......hmmmm... sounds like an interesting blog post. Let me give some background........the weekend.....well Friday...... preschool calls me at work.......Zeke is running a high fever. He just got over strep and is teething and got 1 yr old shots the day before. Saturday is his first b'day party. I have invited close to 50 people. Chad is sick. Baby gets better.....party goes well (thanks everyone!!) Sunday kinda blah......noone felt great. Ok- Monday morning...CHad leaves early to go cut grass, Bran wakes up late, Luke wakes up with a fever......it is POURING rain. Debbie and Spence both have dr appts., I can't find a sub. I take Zeke to preschool and Luke goes to work with me. Ian goes to class as normal. I am late for work......can't get principal to tell her what is going on. Get Ian to class and get Luke some breakfast and settle him in my classroom. I go get my reading group and bring them to my room. Me and my 4 5th graders are really into our story and Luke wants to listen so he crawls into my lap & then.........he throws up all over me and in the floor. I am talking like projectile vomiting. My poor kids were so grossed out! Chad came to get him and took him to Dr. Jud.........strep!! Chad has a viral infection. I finish up the day at work. Ian and I make a fairly quick run to Wal-mart after school. swing by Bowie's and pick up Luke's antibiotics, and go get Zeke. I get home to find that our beloved dog Zig-Zag has given birth to her 4th litter of puppies. She had 8 (6 have survived) right in our garage on my Christmas wreath. I cleaned up that wonderful mess, checked them out, and came in and helped feed and bathe everyone. I also packed lunches, fed the fish, watered the plants, and cleaned the kitchen. I then got a call that my dear sweet aunt Regina had passed away. It was somewhat expected but still really hard. I had a snack and laid down with Luke where I fell asleep until I was awakened at 2 in the morning by screaming puppies. Zig-Zag had moved all the puppies to our doorstep. I woke up late ( 6:00 am) again on Tuesday, but managed to get Zeke to school and still make it to work at 7:43.....2 minutes to spare. Luke stayed home for one more day......he is fine but just didn't want to share the love(strep)! Had some reading groups, cleaned puke off a kid who threw up all over himself, talked to some parents, blah, blah, blah. Got 2 calls from preschool about Zeke. Finally got Ian headed to Curry, got Zeke, and back to Jasper to Dr. Jud. Ian is good, Zeke has an ear infection. Came home........a puppy died :( Sweet Chad cooked supper......I took a short nap. Got up ate, played, bathed kids, packed lunches, washed a load of clothes, ironed clothes, called sub for Thursday, cleaned kitchen, ate nachos with lots of peppers :) now laying in bed blogging and checking facebook and putting off grad school homework. WOW! Even though I live this stuff everyday, I am tired form typing it all. I am so blessed! That is actually 2 days in our life........our wonderful crazy life!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It was good to see you the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy week!!! Makes me worn out reading it! Hope you guys are doing well now and healthy!

    ReplyDelete